BDD WITH SPECFLOW COURSE
“SpecFlow Course” | Official course with the creator of SpecFlow on implementing Behavior Driven Development on the .NET platform. This course is also available as an in-house private course. For private courses, the training material can be customized to get more focused learning addressing the exact needs of your team. Private courses can also be combined with follow-up coaching and consulting options.
3 Days / 24 Hrs | For Classroom & Online Training
Hyderabad | Bangalore | Chennai | Delhi | Gurgaon | Noida | Pune | Chandigarh | Singapore | Australia | UK | US | Canada | South Africa
GET IN TOUCH
The three-day SpecFlow course shows how to write and maintain executable specification using the Gherkin feature file format, how to drive the implementation of the application and how to design and implement a test automation layer that is easy to maintain even for a larger number of tests. The attendees shall rely on a lot of exercises and discussions, through which they can learn about all important features of SpecFlow.
- work with Behavior Driven Development using SpecFlow
- understand requirements more easily through rules and examples
- write and maintain executable specification using the Gherkin feature file format
- drive the implementation of the application by Gherkin scenarios
- design and implement a test automation layer that is easy to maintain even for a larger number of tests
- automate application through the domain layer
- automate web applications or applications with external dependencies
- become a strong member of a BDD team
- use all important features of SpecFlow
- integrate these into the existing development process
Who Should Attend :
The course is for developers and testers, who are involved in automating Gherkin scenarios. Product owners or business analysts who are in any relationship with coding are also welcome.
MODULE 1: CAPTURING REQUIREMENTS WITH GIVEN/WHEN/THEN
- Quick intro/refresh on Behavior Driven Development
- Specification by Example – The role of examples in the specification: Discovering rules and examples using structured conversations and Example Mapping
- Given/When/Then through examples – Good and bad scenario writing patterns: Checklist for good scenarios; The Gherkin syntax
- Essential data – Including data in the scenarios: Tracing details; Background and baseline data; Data personas
- Ubiquitous Language – A language that everyone understands: Focusing on the domain language; Separation of the problem domain and solution domain; Domain model vs. scenarios
- Scenarios vs. Tests – The difference between illustration and coverage: Data-driven scenarios (Scenario Outline); Separation of illustrative and test examples; Mapping scenarios to the testing pyramid
- Structuring Scenarios – Finding the right structure for our living documentation: Story vs. Feature; Structuring goals and options; Traceability
Target audience: Product Owners, Business Analysts, Testers, Developers … – anyone involved in specification/requirement workshops that yield formalized Gherkin specifications. No development knowledge or laptops required.
MODULE 2: SPECFLOW SCENARIO AUTOMATION CORE CONCEPTS AND PATTERNS
- Introduction to SpecFlow: Setting up SpecFlow; SpecFlow automation concept; Naming conventions
- Introduction to the scenario automation workflow: Test-first thinking; Outside-in development
- Working with DataTables: Working with the Table object; Table assertions; Table assertion helpers (SpecFlow Assist)
- Sharing state (data) between steps: Different state sharing options; Global nature of step definitions; SpecFlow activation model; Context Injection
- Organizing step definitions: Finding the right structure for the binding code
- Automating external interfaces – Introducing UI automation: Domain layer vs UI automation; Building up automation infrastructure with SpecFlow; UI automation with Selenium WebDriver
- Accessing state through an external interface: Challenges of assertions through UI automation Note: The modules include UI automation exercises with Web UI automation using Selenium WebDriver. This is used to demonstrate general UI automation challenges and solutions with SpecFlow. The UI automation topics can be excluded or replaced by other UI automation technology (e.g. Windows desktop UI automation with White) on request. Target audience: Developers, Testers who are involved in automating Gherkin scenarios. Attendees should feel comfortable in using Visual Studio and reading code. Testers will pair with Developers to learn work on basic automation of scenarios.
MODULE 3: ADVANCED SPECFLOW TECHNIQUES
- Managing data in the scenarios: Pushing down data to the automation layer; Tracing data during execution; Composite Given steps; Field and workflow-level defaults
- Managing baseline data: Using the Background section; Hooks; Scoping hooks with tags; Working with database-dependent scenarios
- Extract data representation: Default Data Conversions; Custom Conversions; Step parameter practices; Scenario Outlines
- Improve feedback from scenario execution: Executing scenarios on CI builds; Improving assertion messages; Assertions in Given steps; Collect diagnostic data (e.g. screenshots) during execution; Accessing the file system from the scenarios
- Structuring the automation layer: Separation of automation and testing concerns; Layering the automation infrastructure; The Driver pattern; The Page Object Pattern; Nested page objects; Automating UI concepts; Assertions in the automation layer Testing asynchronous behavior: Flickering scenarios; Implicit and explicit waits; Active/busy waiting
- Multiple automation layers: Testing the same scenario on different layers; Sharing common steps across projects; Injecting testing and production dependencies to the step definition classes Target audience: Developers, Testers with a strong development background. Attendees should feel
comfortable writing code in Visual Studio and have a basic understanding of UI technologies.
MODES OF TRAINING
FAQ | SpecFLow Course
What is SpecFlow?
SpecFlow allows .NET development teams to define, manage and execute automated acceptance tests as business readable specifications. It is based on Gherkin and is part of the Cucumber ecosystem.
How would a certificate from Mildaintrainings help me?
In today’s era where technologies and best practices are changing rapidly and demand for qualified candidates is significantly increasing, a certificate from Mildaintrainings is the key to your success and a valuable add-on in your resume.Our training courses are designed and updated by 2000+ renowned industry experts, and more than 40 global training organizations have recognized us as an official provider of certification training.
Is this live training, or will I watch pre-recorded videos?
All the classes are live. They are interactive sessions that enable you to ask questions and participate in discussions during class time. We do, however, provide recordings of each session you attend for your future reference.
Who are the trainers for this course?
All our trainers are certified and are highly qualified, with multiple years of experience in working with front-end development technology.
If you are planning for Anaplan jobs then explore the Anaplan job interview questions and answers page and complete your preparation before attending any interview. Mildaintrainings provides you with interview questions and answers presented in an...
GET IN TOUCH
Select a city from the list below to view the schedule.
If you have any questions, please call us at +91-8447121833 between 9:00 am – 6:00 pm IST.
Noida Head Office:
Plot No 17
C Block Market
Plot No 7 & 8
Krishna Reddy Layout
Ganesh GHR MSY
Plaza Vittal Rao
5th Floor Block B
Godrej IT Park