- There are approximately 215,000 open job positions in Data Science (Source:Indeed.com)
- There are currently about 31,000 openings for Statistician positions in the US (LinkedIn), offering an average salary of $77,000 (Glassdoor)
- In the field of Business intelligence, there are around 14,000 openings in the US (LinkedIn) at a $88,000 base salary
- Careers include data scientist, data engineer, data analyst, statistician, data manager, data architect, business analyst
- Data Scientist is rated the best job in America for 2017, with a median base salary of $110,000.
Real Career Impact
“Mitchell International highly values professionals with proficiency in Data Science and recognizes the need for more individuals to obtain this knowledge and skill set. It is my belief that a candidate credentialed through the edX MicroMasters program in Data Science would have a marked advantage for the following positions in Mitchell International: Business Systems Analyst, Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Data Informatics Analyst, and Machine Learning Engineer.”
Erez Nir, SVP and CTO, Mitchell International